Would you like to learn how to get more new clients – quickly, easily and continuously?
Are you tired of going through the ‘feast or famine’ syndrome so many business owners face today?
Are you worried about what would happen if your biggest client suddenly decided to quit working with you?
Are you tired of having to chase new clients down all the time, and trying to make them understand what you do, and why they should work with you?
If you’re like many of my clients who are Website designers, coaches and business consultants, you rely on repeat clients for a chunk of your regular business income.
But chances are, the biggest part of your business depends on referrals and word of mouth advertising to bring new business to your door.
And maybe with the economy being what it was in 2010, you’ve been in the scary situation of having some or most of those leads suddenly just ‘dry up’. Leaving you in the uncomfortable position of having to chase down leads, and approach colleagues and friends – and friends-of-friends – asking them to ‘keep you in mind’ if they have a project or a client that’s up your alley. (And don’t you hate how that feels? To be pushy and salesy? Maybe worried that you’re coming across like you’re desperate or needy, instead of what you really are – an expert in your field who provides answers to the problems your clients have…)
Perhaps you’ve also been where one of my new clients was six months ago. John, a Website designer in L.A. felt pretty content with his business success. In addition to several smaller clients (who were mostly one-time jobs), he had a large e-commerce client that used him on a regular basis to design new mini-sites and maintain others.
He’d worked with them for three years, when one day, out of the blue, the client called him and told him that they’d decided to ‘scale back’ on their new projects, and that his partners had decided to start doing their own website work ‘in house’. (It turned out that what that meant was one of the partner’s sons had just graduated and needed a job.)
But with his biggest client suddenly ‘gone’, John was left scrambling around frantically, trying to replace the lost income.
If you’ve ever been in a position where one of your regular clients decided to ‘hold off’ for a little while – or worse, suddenly decided to stop working with you, then you understand his worry and panic, especially if you have any problems finding a steady stream of new clients…
And if we’re being totally honest, wouldn’t you rather have clients calling you, emailing you and chasing you – asking you if you’ve got time to work with them instead of the other way around?
Let me tell you about Donna, an Executive Career coach in Atlanta. Here’s what she says in her own words about her Website and her methods for searching for clients… “My first Website was truly horrible – it was all about me, and what I did – my process, my background, my work… And as for my marketing ‘system’ – well, it was a basically a joke! I tried every ‘shiny new tactic’ that came along – but it didn’t take long before either something else would catch my eye, or I’d get overwhelmed or frustrated because the things I was trying just weren’t working, or didn’t work quickly enough.
So one day, I was complaining about my problem of being the ‘best kept secret in my industry’ to my mastermind group, and they laughed, but I knew they understood what I was talking about.
And then someone mentioned a free report they’d gotten from a copywriter named Cheryl Antier, and how using her one page marketing strategy had brought in 3 new clients in less than 30 days!
I was intrigued, so I went to her site and signed up… and by the time I was done reading the report, I understood what I’d been doing wrong all this time! I’ve been working with Cheryl for a month now, and we’re revamping my site, plus setting up a complete marketing system – a system that’s going to be on automatic pilot – and help me fill my pipeline with clients. I’m so excited I can hardly wait for the ‘unveiling’ because I know now that I’m not going to constantly have to struggle to find clients any more…”
Look, I’ll tell you right now, my system isn’t ‘new’ or ‘revolutionary’ – in fact, you’ve probably heard most of it before…
- You need to specialize or ‘niche down’ and market to a specific audience
- You need to focus on the problems your target market has
- You need compelling Website copy and marketing materials
- You need to create a relationship with people – preferably BEFORE they need your services (because people buy from other people – especially people they know, like and trust
- You need a ‘system’ for staying in touch with prospects and clients
So why aren’t most business owners – maybe even you – doing this already?
Here’s what other people like you have said:
(Note: These are current clients, and as their projects are currently works in progress, I’m not using their names or urls – but thanks guys – I appreciate you taking the time to talk about your experiences, and look forward to adding you to the wall of fame later!)
1. It’s always been a struggle for me to find new clients. It seemed like I was only attracting the ones who wanted a top-notch Website designed, but they sure didn’t want to pay for it! And on top of that, I usually had to work to convince them of the value of what I was offering. And of course, these days the competition is really fierce – sometimes it seem like there are hundreds of new sites springing up every week, with people who claim to be Website designers and who are willing to work for pennies on the dollar. Until I started working with Cheryl, I just didn’t know how to explain the value of what I do. Now, it’s not a problem any more, and I’m automatically attracting the right kind of clients – the ones who want what I specialize in, and are happy to pay for it!
2. I just got overwhelmed – it seemed like there was just so much to do – social networking, ppc ads, direct marketing, blogging, my own Website, article marketing – AAAHHHH! And I didn’t have a clue about how to set up a marketing system, so I’d write a couple of articles one month, and then the next month I’d be trying to use twitter and FaceBook, but none of it gave me the kind of return I’d been told I should – or could – be getting. And on top of that, I was really busy working to build my client list, and grow my business, and so nothing was really working. Cheryl’s copy helped me spotlight my services in such a way that suddenly I stood out from the crowd. And then she walked me through the process of creating an effective marketing system. In less than two months, my practice was filled and I had to start a waiting list. And then one day, when I scheduled a private consultation with her, she asked me why didn’t I start a coaching membership site – and use the one-to-many model, rather than the one-to-one method I’d always used. She gave me some really pragmatic information about how to get started, and what tools to use, and I’ve never looked back! If fact, I’ve branched out and am just about ready to launch my third membership site in a completely unrelated field, but I’ve already got 30 members who are beta-testing it for me, and paying for the privilege (something else she recommended)!
3. I’m good at what I do (Website design), but I’m a lousy writer and a worse speller. I also didn’t know how to write a sales letter – what to say or how to say it. And when it came to Autoresponder messages to keep in touch with people, well, that was just another problem. I didn’t know how many messages to write, or what to say, or how often to send messages. I hired Cheryl to write a special report for my clients based on what I know about design basics. It was so well-written and explained things so that even a newbie could easily understand it, that I hired her to also write my Autoresponder messages and then my newsletters. As she worked on each project, Cheryl took the time to ask questions about my business goals, my ideal clients and their biggest problems, and the image that I wanted to portray. She also helped me create a very simple but effective marketing system. In fact, by the time we were done, I started getting calls from new clients who found me online, and they just keep coming!
4. For me, working with Cheryl has been a very positive experience.
I originally selected Cheryl over two other candidates because of her writing abilities. Her writing has proven to be better than I expected. She has been able to take my content and with limited expertise in my field, converted that content into what I think is a literary masterpiece.
Working with a 6 to 9 hour time zone difference between us originally concerned me. However, Cheryl has consistently demonstrated timely communication and has always met agreed upon deadlines.
In addition, the writing tools she offers, her story telling and marketing knowledge are definite added bonuses that have helped me create a product I’m very proud of.
In summary, the value that Cheryl has added to our working relationship has been beyond expectations and highly recommend her.
R.G – Atlanta, Georgia
If you’re struggling to find new clients… If you’re the ‘best kept secret’ in your industry, niche or local area… If you want to put together a marketing system virtually on autopilot that brings a continuous, steady stream (or even a flood) of new clients to your door, maybe we should talk… But first, why not download my latest special report, or take one of the free business assessments – the same ones I use with my clients – or subscribe to my RSS feed for copywriting and marketing tips and strategies that you can up into action right now…